1. Common terms and information about us
Throughout the OYNB User Agreement, we also use the following references:the site means OneYearNoBeer.com the forum is the forum accessible to registered users of the site the challenge is your commitment to 28, 90 or 365 days without booze a medical professional is a doctor or other suitably qualified professional healthcare, provider we, our and us are references to OYNB Limited you (i.e. the individual accessing the site) are the user, and the site, the book, the forum and the challenge are collectively referred to as OYNB. OYNB is owned and operated by OYNB Limited, an English company (no. 9626599).
Our registered address is 71-75 Shelton Street, London WC2H 9JQ.
If you have any queries about OYNB, you can get in touch by sending an email to [email protected].
2. Medical disclaimer
You acknowledge that alcohol dependence is a medical condition abrupt withdrawal from alcohol is known to have serious physical and psychological side effects OYNB is NOT aimed at any person who suffers from alcohol dependency or any other medical conditions, and if you are (or suspect that you may be) alcohol dependent or are suffering from any other medical conditions, you must seek specific medical advice from a medical professional before reducing or stopping your alcohol intake or participating in the challenge.
Where medical information or other information relating to a reduction of alcohol intake is available via OYNB it is general in nature you must never discontinue, disregard or delay seeking advice from a medical professional as a result of any such information, and you must not rely on it and it does not substitute specific advice from a medical professional.
If you are given specific advice via the forum, FB and Slack community by another user, you acknowledge that we do not monitor or endorse such advice and hold no responsibility for such information if you choose to rely on it.
While we try to ensure that any information provided via OYNB is accurate and up to date, we cannot promise that it will be, and we cannot promise that any such information will be fit or suitable for purpose. Any reliance you place on the information available via OYNB is at your own risk.
If you are concerned you might be experiencing alcohol withdrawal or have physical symptoms you are unsure of then please contact your local GP or click here to find services in your local area.
At times promotional codes may be available. Promotional codes will only be one use per customer and one code per transaction is valid. We withhold the right to withdraw a code due to misuse. Codes are not valid on upgrade orders unless stated.
3. The site
- Use of the site and the book are for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for keeping your password and other account details confidential.
- All intellectual property rights within OYNB (except any content which you upload to the site) are owned by us. Intellectual property rights mean rights such as copyright, trademarks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind, whether registered or unregistered, anywhere in the world. We reserve all of our rights in any intellectual property and are free to use them as we see fit.
- You must not attempt to circumvent our security, interfere with the availability of our site, or otherwise use OYNB in any way which may cause us or our other users harm or inconvenience.
- While we try to ensure that the site will be available for your use, we cannot promise that it will be available at all times, nor can we promise the uninterrupted use of the site by you.
- We may prevent or suspend your access to the site if you do not comply with any part of the OYNB User Agreement.
4. The challenge
- By participating in the challenge, you confirm that either you do not suffer from alcohol dependency or any other medical condition, or if you do suffer from alcohol dependency or any other medical condition, you have been given the go-ahead to participate in the challenge by a medical professional.
- We do not provide any guarantee or warranty that your participation in the challenge will lead to any specific result, or that the advice or support we provide to you will be of any particular standard or quality. You assume all responsibility for your participation in the challenge and acknowledge that the OYNB is provided ‘as-is’.
- We will make all reasonable efforts to provide you with the support you need to participate in the challenge, but you acknowledge that are not obliged to do so, and you agree that any failure by us to provide such support will not give rise to any claims (whether in contract or in tort) for losses arising directly or indirectly as a result of your participation in the challenge.
5. The forum
- You agree to any specific forum rules which might be available on the forum from time to time.
- If you wish to contribute to the forum, you agree that: any contribution you make will be owned by us and you expressly assign ownership of your contributions to us by posting to the forum any contribution you make is your own original work and has been lawfully provided to us (and in particular, does not breach any other person’s intellectual property rights)
- We will be entitled to disclose your name along with any contribution we choose to publish for the purposes of promoting OYNB, and you waive all moral rights you may have in any such contribution (including the right to be identified as the author of the contribution).
- The forum is for your personal and non-commercial use only, and you agree that when using the forum: you will only post and discuss matters which are relevant to OYNB.
- You will be respectful to other users when posting and in particular, you will not: give medical advice unless you are a medical professional
- Deliberately post hostile messages or befriend any other users for abusive or exploitative purposes
- Post any advertising or marketing material without our prior consent
- Post any spam or similar material, or
- Post anything which is pornographic or promotes violence or any illegal activity, is in contempt of court, is harmful, threatening, harassing, offensive, discriminatory, defamatory, derogatory, offensive, has any fraudulent purpose or anything which contains material which might bring OYNB into disrepute.
- You acknowledge that the forum is not actively monitored by us, but we may remove any contribution which we believe is in breach of the OYNB User Agreement.
6. General matters
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (e.g. death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for any losses that you may suffer as a result of using the site, the book, the forum or participating in the challenge.
- The site may contain links or references to third party websites. Any such links are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any link or reference to any third party website does not mean that we endorse that website, product or service.
- We may modify the OYNB User Agreement from time to time. You agree to be bound by any changes made by us. It is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions from time to time to verify such changes.
- The OYNB User Agreement is governed by English law and any disputes which might arise between you and us in relation to the site, the book, the forum or the challenge will be heard in the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- We may suspend or terminate operation of OYNB at any time as we see fit, with no further obligation to you.